Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:22 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
It really depends on total number of racers. We will have to adjust if we get over 200 at NS, which would be a nice problem to have to sort out.

I was thinking more like 20...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:37 pm 
Unleashed

Scouted the race routes today...good grief, y'all are going to have a fun race! It's a long course with plenty of passing opportunities after the first couple of miles so don't be stupid out there. We want safe, clean racing. If someone is on your wheel early, let 'em by. This trail rewards a great mix of cardio abilities and technical skill.

The long route (Expert and Advanced) came out to 17.2 miles on the GPS and I was going slow so the GPS error is probably less than 10%. Let's call it 18.5 miles. That puts the Sport route at about 11.75 miles.

I've figured out multiple lead outs which should thin the field nicely before going into the singletrack full time. The lead out is pavement, singletrack and dirt road and could be as long as 2 miles depending on how many racers we do have. Plan accordingly for water bottles/etc. We WILL NOT have water hand ups but will most likely have a water station at the MADD Shelter (13 miles in for long, 7 miles in for short).

More details as we get closer. Please do preregister as early as possible. The better we know how many racers to expect the better the start and the entire race will be.

https://beta.bikereg.com/lonestarns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 am 
Unleashed

not to nitpick, but is 'cardio skill' really a skill? cardio fitness maybe...but skill?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 am 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
This trail rewards a great mix of cardio abilities

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:46 pm 
Unleashed

Hey Kevin, some of the dates don't match between your facebook page and the calendar on the main page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:10 pm 
Unleashed

Porkchop wrote:
Hey Kevin, some of the dates don't match between your facebook page and the calendar on the main page.

Shawn needs to update that graphic. We we stepping on an unannounced Smurf Boy date in June so that's shifted. Was there something else you were referring to?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 pm 
Village Idiot

Kevin wrote:
Porkchop wrote:

Shawn needs to update that graphic. We we stepping on an unannounced Smurf Boy date in June so that's shifted. Was there something else you were referring to?

That was nice of you to bend over so easily.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Unleashed

Johnny wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Porkchop wrote:

That was nice of you to bend over so easily.

It works out better for all this way. Our date was somewhat preliminary as it was and probably shouldn't have been posted since the venue wasn't finalized yet. We were somewhat hamstrung since it required the agreement of a NTMBP member to get our venue approved.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:59 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Porkchop wrote:

I saw Erwin listed as two days instead of one on the main page, and Big Cedar with a differing date.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm 
Unleashed

Porkchop wrote:
I saw Erwin listed as two days instead of one on the main page, and Big Cedar with a differing date.

There will be two days of events at Erwin but Saturday is the Lone Star XC race. Sunday will be more of festival type day possibly with racing elements but not part of our series.

Big Cedar is moved to 9/27 to be the finale race for the series. Will will have a different venue for a race in June, most likely on the 21st.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm 
Unleashed

We could use a sweep rider or two and maybe somebody to keep an eye on a road crossing or two as well. I will pay in beer and comped entries to other events. Please PM if interested.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 am 
Unleashed

Too early to tell if the rain will affect this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 am 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
Too early to tell if the rain will affect this?

Today's rain won't cause any problems. Will probably help some but I'd like more rain to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:02 am 
Unleashed

I dunno, is this racing weather? Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. East northeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Online registration is extended until 5pm tomorrow (only $25, no license needed). Day of registration is $35, cash only, exact change only please. https://www.bikereg.com/net/lonestarns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 pm 
SpongeBob Padded Pants

In