Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 3/1 Northshore XC Race
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 am 
Unleashed

New Series kicks off. It's going to be fun and damned fine racing. Please spread the word. The full NS loop to just before Twin Coves for Expert and Advanced, Sport (Cat 3) turns around at MADD.

https://www.bikereg.com/net/lonestarns

http://lonestarxc.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:43 am 
Unleashed

Sweet!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am 
Unleashed

Sponsors are coming on board and we truly appreciate their support. Please share your love with (so far):

Trail LED
Ron Wadley/Farmer's Insurance
Sun & Ski sports

We still have slots available if interested.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:28 pm 
Muscle Gnome

Yall got a facebook page?

- Britt Tucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:41 pm 
Unleashed

jabain wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/LoneStarXC

http://lonestarxc.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm 
Unleashed

jabain wrote:

WATT!?!?!
John Bain is racing?!
Hold on to your handlebars people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 pm 
Boy Toy

I'm confused by the categories. I'm "sport"/2 in TMBRA, but would I be adv/int here? MAKE IT JIVE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 pm 
Unleashed

bui wrote:
I'm confused by the categories. I'm "sport"/2 in TMBRA, but would I be adv/int here? MAKE IT JIVE

Does TMBRA label it Sport? Sorry for the confusion if that's the case. We're staying away from Cat 1, 2, 3 because no license is needed. We also want to stay away from the "Beginner" label because we don't want newbie riders out there. We want higher level Cat 2 types to mix it up with the Cat 1 types so that's why we're going with Expert. We expect most of our racers to fall under the Advanced/Intermediate designation instead of Cat 3/Beginner like in Dorba.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
bui wrote:

Does TMBRA label it Sport? Sorry for the confusion if that's the case. We're staying away from Cat 1, 2, 3 because no license is needed. We also want to stay away from the "Beginner" label because we don't want newbie riders out there. We want higher level Cat 2 types to mix it up with the Cat 1 types so that's why we're going with Expert. We expect most of our racers to fall under the Advanced/Intermediate designation instead of Cat 3/Beginner like in Dorba.

Clear as mud.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
Kevin wrote:
bui wrote:

Clear as mud.

Expert = Expert, capable of competing with Cat 1 type racers at least occasionally. Podium level Cat 2's probably belong in here.
Advanced = Intermediate level racer trying to become an expert. Traditional Cat 2's and podium level Cat 3's probably belong in here.
Sport = Capable rider unsure of racing abilities. Newer XC racers belong in here. We'll probably force cat ups with 2 or 3 podiums.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:43 am 
Village Idiot

So exactly like DORBA/TMBRA Cat 1, 2 & 3. Got it.

Stoked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 am 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
goongala wrote:
Kevin wrote:
bui wrote:

Clear as mud.

Expert = Expert, capable of competing with Cat 1 type racers at least occasionally. Sand-bagging Cat 2's probably belong in here.
Advanced = Intermediate level racer trying to become an expert. Traditional Cat 2's and sand-bagging Cat 3's probably belong in here.
Sport = Capable rider unsure of racing abilities. Newer XC racers belong in here. We'll probably force cat ups with 2 or 3 podiums.

I like the forced cat ups.

Traditionally TMBRA was Expert, Sport, Beginner. Now it's Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3. So, yeah, you're calling Sport what has traditionally been called Beginner (now Cat 3).
I think it's an appropriate title based on what you're going for, but, unfortunately, it doesn't match traditional racing categories in Texas.
You could just call them Best, Better, Good. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:20 pm 
Unleashed

Experts and Advanced will be starting/racing together and racing the same course. Scoring will have an overall ranking as well as category rankings. We'll be able to "Cat up" an Advanced into Expert during or even post race if needed.

Sports will be on the course at the same time but with a staggered start and shorter overall course. The goal is to have everyone start and finish at about the same time to shorten the day as well as have everyone hanging out together at the same time after the race. It should make a podium finish kind of a big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:43 pm 
Unleashed

I'm trusting you to have this sorted out, but, in my head, I'm imagining a cluster-fuck.
Passing is a big enough issue during an XC race. Having Expert and Advanced go off in a mass start sounds like chaos. Then having your Sport riders finishing at the same time as your Expert and Advanced just means you'll have assholes to pass at both ends.

Again, I'll assume you have this sorted out, and all of these problem exist only in head.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:58 pm 
Unleashed

It really depends on total number of racers. We will have to adjust if we get over 200 at NS, which would be a nice problem to have to sort out.