Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Red River Riot 3/30
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 am 
Unleashed

Little Ms Excitable wrote:
Kevin,
I need to move my reg from the long route to the short route please. I hope to be back in the saddle (trainer for now) this week. Feeling better... : )

Clean, I have a new respect for you... but I still think you push it too early. ](*,)

Well, you're signed up for the 120 now. Which short are you wanting 33 or 63 miles?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm 
Unleashed

Anyone here planning to go that hasn't signed up yet? I have to order shirts by Friday and do most of the cooking this weekend. Dawgs will be covered if we come up short as long as we know to expect you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:49 pm 
Unleashed

Planning on doing this one. Not sure if the kiddo is doing it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 pm 
Unleashed

mr clean wrote:
Kevin,
I need to move my reg from the long route to the short route please. I hope to be back in the saddle (trainer for now) this week. Feeling better... : )

Clean, I have a new respect for you... but I still think you push it too early. ](*,)

Ha, I'm in the rib healing process again. Been two weeks today. Would like to do the short route for RRR but don't think it's a good idea. How many weeks are you at now Charity?

Sunday will be 8 weeks since the bike wreck and 5 weeks since the car wreck. I've done a LOT of landscaping lately, testing things out... moving rocks and concrete slabs, tilling, raking, shoveling, etc. It's my manubrium I'm most worried about (http://academic.kellogg.edu/herbrandsonc/bio201_McKinley/f7-32b_thoracic_cage.jpg). Think the ribs (if you care - left side 7,8 & 9 posterior and 4 & 5 anterior) will just be a nusance and constant reminder for a while...
My ultimate goal is to be ready for the CO Mesa Verde 12h race in May. I've still got time to get (some of) the muscle memory back (fingers crossed). Being as healed as possible is most important to me which is why I've taken my time. It helps too that I have no desire to demonstrate how bad ass I am by coming back before I think I'm ready and I hold no false pretense that I'll get my ass handed to me regardless at this race. These bitches be badass. I just wanna ride, have fun, test myself and not DNF! Given the competition, I'm realistic of a possible DFL. But again, I'm making this whole thing an adventure! lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm 
Unleashed

Sunday will be 8 weeks since the bike wreck and 5 weeks since the car wreck. I've done a LOT of landscaping lately, testing things out... moving rocks and concrete slabs, tilling, raking, shoveling, etc. It's my manubrium I'm most worried about (http://academic.kellogg.edu/herbrandsonc/bio201_McKinley/f7-32b_thoracic_cage.jpg). Think the ribs (if you care - left side 7,8 & 9 posterior and 4 & 5 anterior) will just be a nusance and constant reminder for a while...
My ultimate goal is to be ready for the CO Mesa Verde 12h race in May. I've still got time to get (some of) the muscle memory back (fingers crossed). Being as healed as possible is most important to me which is why I've taken my time. It helps too that I have no desire to demonstrate how bad ass I am by coming back before I think I'm ready and I hold no false pretense that I'll get my ass handed to me regardless at this race. These bitches be badass. I just wanna ride, have fun, test myself and not DNF! Given the competition, I'm realistic of a possible DFL. But again, I'm making this whole thing an adventure! lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm 
Pumpkin

Very happy that they distribute Titos up here. I have been doing a lot of, uh, recovery lately.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Kevin,

Well, you're signed up for the 120 now. Which short are you wanting 33 or 63 miles?

Guess I better go with the 33, but if I decided mid route I was feeling good, would it be easy to keep on for the 63?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:19 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Kevin,

Guess I better go with the 33, but if I decided mid route I was feeling good, would it be easy to keep on for the 63?

Decision point would be about 16 miles in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Kevin,

:-k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm 
Unleashed

We have to order shirts tomorrow. Prereg by then to guarantee you get the right size shirt. We're at 65 registered so far, thinking about capping at 100 so that we know to have enough shirts and food. I'm 99% sure we won't offer day of registration. http://webscorer.com/register?raceid=5844

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 am 
Unleashed

mr clean wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Kevin,

:-k

No Clean... you need more time!

Kevin, sign me up for the 63 and if it's okay, I'll decide day of based on how I've done on the trainer and that day's weather conditions...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am 
Unleashed

Señor Kev, which leg goes down in the bottoms by the red river, 1st or 2nd?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 am 
Unleashed

mr clean wrote:
Señor Kev, which leg goes down in the bottoms by the red river, 1st or 2nd?

Number 2. They both go up Windmill Hill this year. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am 
Unleashed

Registered two of us.. McKenna is going to do the 60 miler with me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm 
Unleashed

sholmes wrote:
Registered two of us.. McKenna is going to do the 60 miler with me.

The winery is about 51 miles in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next