Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 am 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
Thanks for the info.
I think the most I can fit is 25's on my roadie. This sounds very iffy for me.

You are welcome to my Kona Jake size 56.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm 
Unleashed

Swag, Swag and even more Swag! The front room is packed full of goodies for EVERYONE! Lots of primo giveaways as well and some nice purse money for the racers. Please do preregister so you can get in on the cheap and make registration so much easier. It looks like we have the potential to have the biggest crowd yet at a Spinistry event.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:55 pm 
Unleashed

Registrations keep coming in! Men's Open guaranteed payout is now up to that next level: $300/200/150/100/50

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 pm 
Unleashed

Everyone scores:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Everyone scores:

Looks like your ref will be well taken care of...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 pm 
Unleashed

Texas Chainring Massacre NotesNStuff

Map to Staging area: http://goo.gl/maps/4tGsq

Athletic field parking lot for Valley View High School 705ish S Lee Rd Valley View, TX

The Race and Ride both start at 9am. On site Registration opens at 7am and closes at 8:30 am. Mandatory racer's meeting 8:45 am.

Fun Riders can scroll past these Racer's notes. RACERS ONLY, we will provide shuttle service for two drop bags which you will provide for each of the two checkpoints/feed zones. We will also have neutral water fills and snacks if you don't provide drop bags. We will have a truck marked Checkpoint 1 and another marked Checkpoint 2 at staging. Drop a bag in each truck and we will put out the bags at the appropriate checkpoint. You probably want to use something unique so you can pick them out of the crowd but we will have number cards which match your bib numbers as well. Put your empties in the bag at each checkpoint and drop 'em back in the truck and they will be shuttled back.

There will be no support vehicles on course. No spare wheels, etc. This is a self supported race. There will be sweep vehicles dragging the rear but it may be a few hours before they get to you so don't count on a SAG wagon being close by. The course will be marked but we always recommend having a gps backup just in case. GPS link is at the bottom of this message. The entire course is on public roads so rules of the road ALWAYS apply. Failure to obey the laws of the Great State of Texas can result in a DQ. No littering, that can also result in a DQ. Awards go to the top 5 spots in each category. Preliminary results will be posted and there will be a formal protest period. Final results will be posted day of the race and awards will be given on site. If you leave prior to the awards ceremony you forfeit any prize you may have won (will be awarded to other racers at promoter's discretion). Any other questions, feel free to contact me.

FUN RIDERS...Have fun. Please don't bring drop bags to be shuttled. We will have water jugs and snacks at a midpoint checkpoint for you to reload. It is also a checkpoint/feed zone for the racers so don't interfere with their transfers and yield to them when possible on the route and at the checkpoint. This is a self supported ride. There will be sweep vehicles dragging the rear but it may be a few hours before they get to you so don't count on a SAG wagon being close by. The course will be marked but we always recommend having a gps backup just in case. GPS link is at the bottom of this message. The entire course is on public roads so rules of the road ALWAYS apply. Please do not litter. We will have a trash can at the feed station.

ALL RIDERS/RACERS: Due to the greatness of our sponsors we have a bunch of great swag to give away. We will announce random winners throughout the day. You must be present or on the course to win so don't leave without checking with us to see if your number is on the winners' list. Everyone make a point the thank: Bluebonnet Bicycles, Bike Rags, Jana Brock, MD/RainTree Healthcare, Chamois Butt'r/Paceline Products, 24 Hours in the Canyon and RoadID.

TCM Fun Ride/Short Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2087583

TCM Race Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2066502

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 pm 
Unleashed

What about the chance of a reroute. Won't that effect the gps file that I download? Should I wait to download the route til the last minute?xoxoxox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 pm 
Unleashed

mr clean wrote:
What about the chance of a reroute. Won't that effect the gps file that I download? Should I wait to download the route til the last minute?xoxoxox

I think the chance of a reroute is extremely slim. If needed those will be marked Sunday and will be impossible to miss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 am 
Unleashed

Spinistry Weather Update: I don't see anything coming that looks like it would cause issues. Weather.com still says minimal chance of rain but NOAA says 80% overnight on the route but with forecast totals less than 1/2". An overnight 1/2" would actually be ideal to help keep the dust down. 7 more Men's open racers takes that purse to the next payout level so bring 'em on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 am 
Unleashed

Yes, we are still on for today! I've already been up to check out the area and the roads are in great shape from what I've seen so far. We will probably change the race route to be same as the fun route. There are two low water crossings which are most likely high water crossings at the moment. There isn't time today to reroute unless we postpone for several hours at least.

The parking lot/staging area is firm but wet (probably the wettest part of the whole route). You'll want to wear old shoes and clothes you don't mind getting muddy for when you are signing up/hanging out afterwards. I will try to address any questions during the Racers/Riders Meeting.

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm 
Unleashed

Hell of a swag bag. The fun course posed to be pretty views. Good time. Thank Kevin and family. You continue to out do yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 am 
Unleashed

Kevin, I propose next time you offer a "fun" 20-30 mile route so you don't have chicks gabbing and taking 7 hours to ride 50 miles! Not that I minded... more for your sake! #-o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am 
Unleashed

fedrlbiker wrote:
Kevin, I propose next time you offer a "fun" 20-30 mile route so you don't have chicks gabbing and taking 7 hours to ride 50 miles! Not that I minded... more for your sake! #-o

We will be going back to strictly enforced cutoff times. Sweep vehicle will leave checkpoint at cutoff time and take down arrows for the rest of the course. If you miss cutoff there won't be any directional arrows except for the bailout route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 am 
Unleashed

fedrlbiker wrote:

The 'upside' of this one was these two girls are now hooked on gravel rides. Neither had ever done one, one had not spent much time on a bike and rented one for this event.... AND they got back smiling and excited.

I'm pretty sure Terri explained to them the importance of not keeping people waiting on the ride home..... :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am 
Unleashed

purly wrote:
fedrlbiker wrote:

The 'upside' of this one was these two girls are now hooked on gravel rides. Neither had ever done one, one had not spent much time on a bike and rented one for this event.... AND they got back smiling and excited.

I'm pretty sure Terri explained to them the importance of not keeping people waiting on the ride home..... :)

That's awesome. Like I said, I didn't mind. I guess it wouldn't have been such a big deal if the long route didn't get cancelled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next