Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Katy Trail to WRL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:53 pm 
Unleashed

I need to go from KT to WRL but do not have a GPS or anything like that... anyone have decent directions I could follow - return would likely be in the dark? Have to do this tomorrow.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Katy Trail to WRL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:58 pm 
Unleashed

i go to the top, double back and cross at mcommas, its the safest spot.

after that, i go over to that road just east of greenville and head south until i get to Belmont. Head East on Belmont, then it turns into Lakewood Pkwy. Just keep going east you'll hit Lawther.

it's safe and a decent ride, if you like faggoty assed road rides and shit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:38 pm 
Unleashed

Don't but gotta do what I gotta do... I'll see if I can figure it out from that explanation.

Thanks Britt!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
Unleashed

If you're coming from the south and want to shave a few miles off of that route, you could take Knox to US75 where it changes to Henderson (there's a bit of traffic on this stretch, but it's generally slow moving anyway), then take the first left after you cross over 75 [Miller?].

Take Miller all the way to Greenville, zig right/left to Velasco and take Velasco all the way to WRL (it turns into Westlake; rather, Westlake joins with it a bit east of Abrams). You'll have to do a bit of zig/zagging at the Skillman, Abrams, and Wendover intersections because the streets don't line up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 pm 
Village Idiot

You guys suck. One of the hottest cougars on here just asked for some fucking directions, and none of you could bother to post a map?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm 
Unleashed

DeflatedRubber wrote:
If you're coming from the south and want to shave a few miles off of that route, you could take Knox to US75 where it changes to Henderson (there's a bit of traffic on this stretch, but it's generally slow moving anyway), then take the first left after you cross over 75 [Miller?].

Take Miller all the way to Greenville, zig right/left to Velasco and take Velasco all the way to WRL (it turns into Westlake; rather, Westlake joins with it a bit east of Abrams). You'll have to do a bit of zig/zagging at the Skillman, Abrams, and Wendover intersections because the streets don't line up.

I won't lie... I'm a pussy when it comes to road and traffic, not to mention I'm very unfamiliar with the areas we're discussing. And I'll be on a mtb not a roadie. It was a suggestion and I thought I would look into it. But it may just make better sense to drive over there instead. Just looking for more miles in about the same amount of time.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:40 pm 
Village Idiot

Little Ms Excitable wrote:
DeflatedRubber wrote:

I won't lie... I'm a pussy when it comes to road and traffic, not to mention I'm very unfamiliar with the areas we're discussing. And I'll be on a mtb not a roadie. It was a suggestion and I thought I would look into it. But it may just make better sense to drive over there instead. Just looking for more miles in about the same amount of time.

Thanks!

Anyone who doesn't take this as an offer is a fag.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:54 pm 
Unleashed

Johnny wrote:
DeflatedRubber wrote:

Thanks!

Anyone who doesn't take this as an offer is a fag.

So post your map and let me know when and where we're meeting sweet cheeks! \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:22 pm 
Unleashed

trust me, it's worth the extra just to ride up to mcommas.

it's obvious. when you get to the end of hte katy, about a mile form knox, you'll see a little exit to the right, just go there, follow the road around and you'll see mcommas. it's really easy to cross there and get to the lake.

fuck a bunch of pussy ass maps. figure it out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 pm 
Unleashed

I'm scared of the dark... 8-[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:46 pm 
Leg Humper

close your eyes and you wont see it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 am 
Unleashed

LOL! I'm more afraid of what's IN the dark. It sucks, but the reality is that if someone like me is riding down a dark road vs someone like say Big Daddy, Luke or even Britt (cause he's got the 'grumpy' workin)... I'm gettin' got first!!

Now if it was between me and Yater... well, you can see the obvious...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm 
Unleashed

LOL! I'm more afraid of what's IN the dark. It sucks, but the reality is that if someone like me is riding down a dark road vs someone like say Big Daddy, Luke or even Britt (cause he's got the 'grumpy' workin)... I'm gettin' got first!!

so whatta you tryn to say?

We have ridden in the dark together in early february, It was me and you and about 100 other riders. I heard you moanin and groanin until you slipped :-$ so I kept going. :butthead:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm 
Membership Erector

Traffic is to dangerous,just drive to WRL and put in your miles. You can always switch it up each lap by doing the loving hills like I showed you that one time. Beware of the roadies as some of them are ruthless cocksmen out to pillage some noob poon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 pm 
Unleashed

bigdaddy wrote:

so whatta you tryn to say?

We have ridden in the dark together in early february, It was me and you and about 100 other riders. I heard you moanin and groanin until you slipped :-$ so I kept going. :butthead:

And you left her ? :shock: