Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 pm 
Yard Dog

Johnny wrote:

The boy scouts need more money to fight homosexuality.

for or against?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 pm 
Unleashed

Out. I'm still coughing up the dregs of some 2 week old disease. I'm a disappointed pussy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 pm 
Unleashed

MonsterCross Mayhem Bible

http://goo.gl/maps/I73NQ the course will be marked to the best of our ability but arrows can come down so we recommend loading this map to be accessible from your smart phone or at least print out these instructions.

Free parking all day Saturday in the parking garage at the corner of 3rd and Taylor
Staging/Start will be at Trinity Bicycles (less than a block from the garage) 343 Throckmorton. Be there no later than 8am.
We are providing a route for people who are interested in this type of adventure to follow. There is no other support available. Riders are all responsible for their own well being and are expected to obey the rules of the road. There will be no SAG vehicles and no formal check in process. No part of this ride is more than 5 minutes from a bus stop or a spot where a cab can pick you up if needed. The route is all publicly accessible to the best of our knowledge but we assume no responsibility should you make a wrong turn onto private property or if previously public areas are closed off for various reasons.

Segment 1 Start to East 1st St/Gateway Park
Controlled/Mass Start from Trinity Bicycle up Throckmorton to Taylor St and the entrance to the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth. Riders may ride paved or unpaved trails their choice. They both go to the same place. Approximately 1 mile into the Trinity Trail there will be a low water crossing on the right. Cross the river here. There will be no other river crossings in Ft. Worth. Follow the Trinity Trail approximately another 6 miles until it ends just after Beach St. Do not take the water crossing on the left, follow the dirt trails (should be marked) to take the Gateway singletrack new sections all the way to E. 1st St. Turn right at the street.

Segment 2 Gateway to River Legacy
Proceed East on 1st St to the paved trail on the left. Follow paved trail through Quanah Parker Park and the proceed East on Randol Mill (formerly 1st St). Randol Mill will cross over 820 14 miles into total route. Plenty of stores/etc in this area. Keep East on Randol Mill to Williams and go South to Lowery. East on Lowery to Cooks. South on Cooks to Meadowbrook. East on Meadowbrook to Dottie Lynn Pkwy. South on Dottie Lynn for about .75 miles. This is a busy road so ride carefully. Left (East) at park entrance. Follow paved trail NE until it comes out on MeadowBrook/Green Oaks. Stay on paved trail entire way to unofficial back entrance of River Legacy Park. Back entrance is gated dirt road for Tramel Davis road. Cross under the gate it's okay. Follow dirt road until you connect with River Legacy paved trails. Follow paved trails to mtb trail head. Please reference the map if you aren't familiar with the park. Do any or none of the loops that you wish here. It's a good trail so might as well hit it all. Follow main road out of park to Green Oaks.

Segment 3 River Legacy to Dallas Levees
Proceed East on Green Oaks .75 miles to Lincloln and head South to Brown. Follow Brown across 360 where it turns into Avenue K which becomes Duncan Perry. Turn left at Egyptian Way. Follow Egyptian Way East until it turns South and becomes NW 7th St. Turn left on Palace Pkwy. Follow Palace Pkwy to Belt Line. Turn North on Belt Line until you cross the river before Lone Star Park. Look to the right for the paved trail. Follow the paved trail south and east of Lone Star Park to Hunter Ferrell. Go east on Hunter Ferrell which is under construction. You can ride the construction side all the way through to MacArthur. Take MacArthur North to pick up east bound Hunter Ferrell again. Turn right at the entrance to Campion Trails Park. Take paved trail to Shady Grove and go East. 50 milers will take Irving Blvd west to the train station 75 milers will begin the Dallas Levees section after the Irving Blvd Bridge.

Segment 4 Dallas Levees to LB Houston
Follow Shady Grove/Irving Blvd Bridge over Trinity River and look for levee access on the right. You will start a levee lollipop from this point so some of the ride will be hit both out and back so you may cross paths with riders going the other way. Generally speaking you will want to stay on top of the levees except for some of the bridge crossings. Follow the levee East to the Westmoreland bridge (1st bridge) and ride under the bridge south to cross the river. Follow the levees East/Southeast to the Santa Fe Trestle bridge and recross the river. Follow the levees the other direction back to Westmoreland Bridge and double back towards Shady Grove/Irving Blvd Bridge. This time go under the bridge and follow the levees all the way to Harry Hines Blvd where they dead end. Cross Harry Hines at Stokers and follow Shorecrest to Denton Dr. Left on Denton Dr to Lombardy. Left on Lombard to Shady Trail. Right on Shady Trail to Manana Dr. Left on Manana Dr to Newkirk. Left on Newkirk and cross NW Highway to California Crossing. California Crossing to Wildwood. Left on Wildwood to LBH trail entrance on the RIGHT. Follow LBH trail all the way back around to Wildwood and then Left on Wildwood towards 114.

Segment 5 LB Houston back to Funky Town
Wildwood to South to traffic light at access road to John Carpenter Fwy/114. Left at traffic light on sidewalk because the road is one way. Follow sidewalk to train station and hop on the train. $5 for a a 2 hour all regions pass or $10 for all day pay at the kiosk. Take DART train to Victory Station (AAC) and board TRE train to Fort Worth. You can get off the train at Intermodal station if you want to go directly to Trinity Bicycles/Parking garage asap. Stay on the train to final stop if you wish to visit the T&P Tavern at the T&P Station. Very easy pedal in almost a straight line from T&P to Trinity Bicycles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 pm 
Unleashed

We're at 50 riders which was the plan. I've extended registration until 9pm tomorrow. All entry fees from this point go into the bar tab at t&p tavern which is the last train stop in Fort Worth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
We're at 50 riders which was the plan. I've extended registration until 9pm tomorrow. All entry fees from this point go into the bar tab at t&p tavern which is the last train stop in Fort Worth.

Well that's pretty FRIGGIN cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am 
Unleashed

After looking at the final map/route and Stephanie as my navigator, we think we have a good car route to get me to some places for good photo shots. :D

11/25/07 #4708

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm 
Unleashed

I see the writing on the wall. 40 of the 70 racers are gonna go screaming down the hill to the trinity trail and a few are not gonna make the turn onto the bridge. Then, I wonder how many will fly off of the low water crossing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 pm 
Unleashed

The tear off from your RoadID bib # will be your beer ticket at the T&P Tavern. They open at 2:30. The Spinistry tab is for Rahr draft beers. Should be good for at least 2 beers each depending on how many don't visit the tavern. That's also where we will be "scoring" from so you'll want to visit there if you want a recorded time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 pm 
that guy

Enjoy your ride boys!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:51 pm 
Unleashed

Results: http://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=6033

Not real scoring on this one since it wasn't a race but Jordan Chaney was the firs to complete all of the riding sections. Everything after that is just playing with the software.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm 
that guy

Yay! I tied for 19th

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am 
Butt Sniffer

bgreen wrote:
Yay! I tied for 19th

Great job Brad! 19th place for DNS is better than mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 am 
Unleashed

That was a great time! Thanks Kevin and crew.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 am 
Unleashed

The levees will definitely be marked better next time. The plan was to leave straight from Trinity and mark the turn into River Legacy and then go mark the levees and the final stretch into LBH. We were going to hang out at the levee entrance to talk everyone through the levee stretch before they jumped in. I kind of freaked out when I saw how few of the riders had the route GPS'd or had the map loaded into their phone OR had read any of the instructions we sent out.

So we drove the whole route again and over marked stuff so people would be assured they were still on the route. I thought we were far enough ahead of the main group to get the levees marked but they were faster than I expected so the first group went sailing in before I could mark the first turn (I was back tracking from the furthest point). At that point we still had to mark the final road section from Harry Hines to LBH but I had used up all the arrows with the over marking. We couldn't find anywhere in that end of the world that sold scissors so we ended up posting our squares with arrows drawn on them.

I'm taking responsibility here, we definitely could have done a better job marking the levess. I'm open to suggestions on how to communicate detailed instructions better as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 am 
Village Idiot

Kevin wrote:
Results: http://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=6033

Not real scoring on this one since it wasn't a race but Jordan Chaney was the firs to complete all of the riding sections. Everything after that is just playing with the software.

How did you like it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next