Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: 12/8 Century @ Sansom
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm 
Unleashed

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17518

Post subject: Re: 12/1 or 12/8?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:24 pm 
Boy Toy

There's a marathon race out at Camp Eagle, but I doubt that's going to be of any concern up here.

Post subject: Re: 12/1 or 12/8?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
Unleashed

bui wrote:

There's a marathon race out at Camp Eagle, but I doubt that's going to be of any concern up here.

As Bgreen would say, " I concur"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 am 
Unleashed

Starts 9am

Metric Century (6 laps) solo and 2 person relay. We may offer a shorter version for the weak as well. This is a distance race not a "12 hour". If you don't do the whole thing you dnf. More details soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:43 pm 
Unleashed

Okay, rode Sansom today for the first time since the new Lone Wolf stuff was added to make sure it's good to go. I like what I'm seeing but hopefully we can help organize a maintenance day before then for some housekeeping. I'll touch base with the FWMBA folks this week on that. Nothing is finalized but here's the format(s) that I'm thinking of:

Solo (Elite) Century of 6 laps but with a cutoff based on 90 minute laps. I completed a lap today in 1:25 poking along since I hadn't ridden Sansom in a while. The lap GPS'd at 10 miles but GPS always loses at least 10% so I'm confident that 6 laps will get our metric century. 6 laps is going to be very tough to complete. I don't expect many solo finishers at all. You don't have to be Pro or Cat 1 to compete but we may limit this field to experienced single track endurance racers based on the technical difficulty of the course.

Solo (Sport) Half Century of 3 laps with no cutoff time. 3 laps in a day will be plenty tough for most of us mortals. This should be an extremely competitive field

2 Person Relay (Men, Women, Co-ed) 6 laps with a cutoff based on 90 minute laps. Relayers must alternate laps so each rider must ride 3 laps for the team to complete the course. No individual rider will be allowed to ride consecutive laps. The relay teams were extremely fun when we did Hell on Wheels at Northshore. I'm really look forward to doing another event with the relays.

This is a distance race with a timed cutoff(s) not a timed endurance race. Your finish will be a DNF unless all laps are completed within the allotted time.

Again, this is the rough draft at the moment and details are subject to change. We will offer an early bird registration discount of some sort and I think we will only have online registration. We may limit the field to 100 racers total based on our permit with the City. We will also have some alternate day in case of weather but I'm waiting for the dorba schedule to see what dates may work for that if needed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 am 
Unleashed

so what happens if someone puts up strong 1-4 lap times (I don't know what strong lap time is for Sansom, just say 60 minutes), say 60 minutes, and then they flat on lap 5, possibly have some other issues and put up a 95 minute lap, will they be DNF'ed?
because that would suck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 am 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
so what happens if someone puts up strong 1-4 lap times (I don't know what strong lap time is for Sansom, just say 60 minutes), say 60 minutes, and then they flat on lap 5, possibly have some other issues and put up a 95 minute lap, will they be DNF'ed?
because that would suck.

The cutoff would be applied at 7.5 hours. Any rider/team that hasn't started the sixth lap by that time won't be able to go back on the course after 7.5 hours. That should have us done by 6pm with all riders off the course.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am 
Unleashed

so, in reality, you need to have 5 laps done in 7.5 hours to be allowed to continue which equates to averaging atleast 90 minute laps. the way you originally wrote, i too thought that if you went 91 minutes on a lap, you were done for the day.

i had the same thought as goonie, and i am no engineer. maybe i should change careers and get a degree in engineering once i become good at math.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 am 
Unleashed

90 minutes a lap for 5 laps to even come close to finishing. kevin did 1 in 85 minutes. Yeah, i'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 am 
Unleashed

britt wrote:
90 minutes a lap for 5 laps to even come close to finishing. kevin did 1 in 85 minutes. Yeah, i'm out.

It ain't for everyone but I am slow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm 
Unleashed

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17518

Coupon code worm eater gets the first 20 entries in at $30 to kick start things. Entry includes tshirt and probably food and beverages as well. Our permit is capped at 100 riders.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 am 
Unleashed

I have not ridden out there in awhile. Went out there last night with gears and did one full lap and it took me 1:10 and that was hitting it at a pretty good clip. I couldn't wait to see the truck.
That's all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am 
Unleashed

mr clean wrote:
I have not ridden out there in awhile. Went out there last night with gears and did one full lap and it took me 1:10 and that was hitting it at a pretty good clip. I couldn't wait to see the truck.
That's all.

you resemble that saying that "gears are for ......!"
That's all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 pm 
Boy Toy

1:16 last time I was there on SS, and I couldn't imagine doing 6 at that pace. Maybe the cool weather will help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 pm 
Unleashed

bui wrote:
1:16 last time I was there on SS, and I couldn't imagine doing 6 at that pace. Maybe the cool weather will help.

Better be dope in the air.

I honestly think I can complete this. Analyzing it, I'm borderline of accomplishment.
To me, it's a fine line character that can do it. You gotta be fast enough to complete terrain of this such, and also able to endure at 8 hrs. Of misery and grit. This will be no easy task. If, I were to compete in this, it would be on a Ss, knowing iwill be walking a considerable amount. Good luck to all that attempt and hats off to all that do at least 5 laps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next