Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm 
Unleashed

sholmes wrote:
Forgot I had a wedding to go to Saturday afternoon. It will likely run later than what I could manage to drive up there in time for the race. I'm out, but please keep the funds.

We start a couple of hours earlier so I'm thinking even more folks will be lingering afterwards. Come join us for some after hours dipshittery if it's a baptist type wedding.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:26 am 

fedrlbiker wrote:
Go to the map link on your phone, click on the tab that says "Export" and download the GPX file. It should ask you what app to use... Select Gaia obviously. Side note, I also have Drop Box and you can save the GPX files there also to use later if you want...

Which map are you using? Here's what I have and don't see an export tab on any of them

Kevin wrote:

How do I get that on my phone?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am 
Unleashed

No, I meant to visit this webpage USING your phone... http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1704901 and then click on the export tab on the webpage!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:30 pm 
Unleashed

Nev wrote:
Kevin wrote:

How do I get that on my phone?

Save it to your maps on Google Maps (assuming you have a Google account). Open up Google Maps on your phone and sign into your account and access your maps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 pm 
Unleashed

This is a rain or shine event. Forecast is showing possible showers on Saturday and rain would be great for the course! These are almost all rock based roads not clay based so no peanut butter mud worries. Registration closes Friday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 am 
Unleashed

Our sponsors are awesome. Matt and Legacy Merch should be your only stop for your t-shirt/printing needs. Show them love whenever you can please.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am 
that guy

Kevin wrote:
Our sponsors are awesome. Matt and Legacy Merch should be your only stop for your t-shirt/printing needs. Show them love whenever you can please.

Always!!! I send him business on the reg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm 
Boy Toy

Nev wrote:
bui wrote:
Nev, what gear you running? Spinning 100 rpm for 75 miles is a stupid, but if there are other idiots to hang back with, I'll consider it.

Who knows? The last Riot I ran 38x15. It was mostly fine but I did put my feet down halfway up the hill at the windmills. Chainring Massacre I thing I had 45x17, no real trouble and mostly passed people on the hills but towards the end I wishing for more teeth in the back. If it's less hilly than the Riot I might stick with that or throw a 16 on.

41x18 is what I'm going to end up going with. Can keep a decent speed with that on the flats, and should probably be ok for the hills. SSee you out there, I'll come find you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 pm 
Unleashed

I was a long shot for the ride, but it's not going to work out for me. I'll make a comparable or greater gift to his fundraiser site instead. Good on you, Kevin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 pm 
Unleashed

I signed up even though I probably won't be able to make the trip. If nothing else I was hoping to get in on the dipshittery.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:11 pm 

bui wrote:
Nev wrote:
bui wrote:
Nev, what gear you running? Spinning 100 rpm for 75 miles is a stupid, but if there are other idiots to hang back with, I'll consider it.

Who knows? The last Riot I ran 38x15. It was mostly fine but I did put my feet down halfway up the hill at the windmills. Chainring Massacre I thing I had 45x17, no real trouble and mostly passed people on the hills but towards the end I wishing for more teeth in the back. If it's less hilly than the Riot I might stick with that or throw a 16 on.

41x18 is what I'm going to end up going with. Can keep a decent speed with that on the flats, and should probably be ok for the hills. SSee you out there, I'll come find you.

Turns out the wifey wants to ride also. Which could mean I hang back towards the middle or end. Or I'll ride on. We can still start out, see how it goes.

Dang, that's a shitload of rain falling right now in FM. Keeps heading north could get icky up there. Still remember conditions from the first riot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm 
Unleashed

Ahhhhh, the memories...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:20 pm 
Boy Toy

It's official. Time to start training.
KEV DID YOU GET MY TEXT? I've got some dinky commuter lights, but I'm too fast for them so if I could bum yours for the night, I've got some beer in it for you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm 
Unleashed

bui wrote:
It's official. Time to start training.
KEV DID YOU GET MY TEXT? I've got some dinky commuter lights, but I'm too fast for them so if I could bum yours for the night, I've got some beer in it for you.

Got you covered.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 pm 
Unleashed

These roads are almost all hard surface. I don't expect mud issues even if it floods. There is one section in the far NW corner of the long route that we would have to bypass if it gets nasty but I already have that figured out just in case. Looks like it's going to be a wet weekend but the gravel should be ideal if you want to pedal. Hit me up if you missed registration and are now thinking you want in. We'll figure something out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next