Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm 
Muscle Gnome

less turns

- Britt Tucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:03 pm 
Boy Toy

I left that wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 pm 
Unleashed

bui wrote:
I left that wide open.

That will help.....trust me!

8-[

Big Cedar Trail designer/builder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm 
Unleashed

shadow wrote:

Some things I'd like to see.....survey of what racers in each class like/dislike. (possibly racer repesentatives like Tmbra has)
Before next years election, an question and answer thread where candidates can address issues. Questions would be posted......candidatates answer and send them in...and all answers are posted at same time. this way no candidate can read others answers before submitting thiers...very fair.
Separate Race Director for Fall, 6Hr, Tmbra races......no one person should have to handle all....plus this way they can race the series they aren't running. I have tons of ideas.....I am by nature a problem solver.......I hate the word "Can't" or the phrase "It won't work" (especially when "it" has never been tried before)

I guess I'm confused at the responsibilities of the position. What exactly are those?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:32 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
shadow wrote:

Some things I'd like to see.....survey of what racers in each class like/dislike. (possibly racer repesentatives like Tmbra has)
Before next years election, an question and answer thread where candidates can address issues. Questions would be posted......candidatates answer and send them in...and all answers are posted at same time. this way no candidate can read others answers before submitting thiers...very fair.
Separate Race Director for Fall, 6Hr, Tmbra races......no one person should have to handle all....plus this way they can race the series they aren't running. I have tons of ideas.....I am by nature a problem solver.......I hate the word "Can't" or the phrase "It won't work" (especially when "it" has never been tried before)

I guess I'm confused at the responsibilities of the position. What exactly are those?

The responsibilites are mainly working with landowners, dealing with trail issues.....but as part of the board.....every board member is involved in all aspects of running the club and seeing to it's day to day operations. The Board is also involved with the races (but in my oppinion, way too much) (RD should be in charge of races)

My efforts will involve working with the trail stewards to see that they have what they need. Keeping landowners up to date with where we stand on thier property and to make sure they are happy with us. To see if there is anything they need from us.

I have lots of ideas, some the others on the board may like, some they may not...we will vote. I'm sure the other candidates have some ideas as well......If elected I am open to hearing their ideas......I'm sure there are some good ones I haven't thought of......YET......LOL.

I will say this....while I feel I have more experiance than Eric.....I'm sure he will do a great job if elected. I will be happy either way. We've been in touch....he wins, he can count on my help. I win, I can count on his. Win/Win for Dorba!!

did you have a question??

Last edited by shadow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
shadow wrote:

Post your questions here

http://www.dorba.org/forum/dorba-forums ... /ask-board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:01 pm 
Unleashed

ATOMICPUNK wrote:
Kevin wrote:
shadow wrote:

Post your questions here

http://www.dorba.org/forum/dorba-forums ... /ask-board

He's too busy cleaning out the freezer... O:)

I think he was more trying to clarify the response from Shadow (that he quoted) that seemed more directed to a position other than that of VP of trails... but I could be wrong.... it has been know to happen....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 pm 
Unleashed

I'm surprised someone with Kevins computer skills needed me to go find this on Dorba's site map, under bylaws.....but here you go. :finga:

Vice President of Trails and Advocacy. The Vice President of Trails and Advocacy shall be responsible for the management of the DORBA trail system, Trail Stewards, and the Director of Advocacy. Those responsibilities will include Trail Stewards training, resource management, and administrative duties as related to documentation of MOAs, waivers, and other agreements as ecessary. The Vice President of Trails and Advocacy shall perform such other duties as from time o time may
nt
be assigned to him or her by the President or the Directors.

Bylaws here http://www.dorba.org/sites/default/file ... 060309.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 pm 
Unleashed

um, okay....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm 
Unleashed

He's too busy cleaning out the freezer... O:)

Is that code for sitting on the couch with a tub of ice-cream.....LOL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm 
Unleashed

shadow wrote:
I'm surprised someone with Kevins computer skills needed me to go find this on Dorba's site map, under bylaws.....but here you go. :finga:

Vice President of Trails and Advocacy. The Vice President of Trails and Advocacy shall be responsible for the management of the DORBA trail system, Trail Stewards, and the Director of Advocacy. Those responsibilities will include Trail Stewards training, resource management, and administrative duties as related to documentation of MOAs, waivers, and other agreements as ecessary. The Vice President of Trails and Advocacy shall perform such other duties as from time o time may
nt

Nope. That's what I understood the duties to be but you seemed more focused on racing issues which was the reason for my question.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 pm 
Village Idiot

Somebody move this shit to the House.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:10 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
shadow wrote:

nt

Nope. That's what I understood the duties to be but you seemed more focused on racing issues which was the reason for my question.

One of my ideas involved elections. I have thoughts on trail stuff as well....but I see problems in some other areas of Dorba that need fix-in.
As far as trails go though....we could use more trail of the month days, new equipment, more programs that will get members involved. We have trails that need stewards.....I would be focused on that for sure. We have some stewards who never call workdays.....that needs to change. did you have a specific question.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 pm 
Unleashed

Johnny wrote:
Somebody move this shit to the House.

Why? You realize you do not have to read it...right? I would hope being involved with the Dorba elections would fall under Dawg Events as elections are considered an event.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:14 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
Cope wrote:
You can view each of the candidates statements who are running here: http://www.dorba.org/forum/dorba-forums ... nformation

Nobody is saying anything in those statements. Are there any "issues" that any of the candidates intend to address? Is there a reason to pick one candidate over another besides familiarity?
Of course I'm biased with Susan as a candidate. They all did say something, it was just a statement about themselves and the direction they wanted to lead the association. But I see your point but I don't think this position is as critical as say, the President of the United States, it's a bicycle club. You just pick which candidate you think best suits the interest and direction of Dorba by what you know/read/experienced of candidate. There are no debates or campaigning except my little plug and what goes on behind the scenes with rallying the other candidates. (a certain ex-Dorba pres is pushing for the opposing candidate quite hard I am told) There are no outstanding issues that I know of that any candidate needs to address specifically. It all boils down to who you know. And some or most of y'all know Susan, she is solid, level headed and a woman of integrity and would give the shirt off my back to help anyone!! :)

Now to me Pam Jackson seems like a solid candidate also and has been involved with Dorba a lot longer, knows quite a few people and seems to have strong values and ethics. She is heavily involved with former President Bush and might could pull some strings. (kidding)

Cast your vote!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next