Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xmas party date?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:26 am 
Lunarographer

Kevin wrote:
ATOMICPUNK wrote:
Kevin wrote:
ATOMICPUNK wrote:
Kevin wrote:
12/31

That is the worst day to be driving on

Fail!

Not planning to use a DD? Fail.

I'm not driving camping, fail for letting a DD drive on 12/31

I thought you were referring to more liklihood of getting busted for driving drunk. New Year's eve isn't anywhere near the most dangerous driving day of the year. More law enforcement on the roads and people generally prepare to get home properly. Most weekends in December and all Holidays are more dangerous than 12/31.

I'd have to disagree. From what I hear, most law enforcement agencies that have any kind of population are balls to the wall busy with parties gone bad, accidents, and fireworks complaints starting at abou 11pm and going until about 6 or 7 am. Add to that, it seems that some impaired drivers abide by some "safety in numbers" theory on NYE. From what I hear, if your not working a party gone bad or chasing down fireworks complaints, you're busy at the station working on paperwork from the poor shmuck who left the party early but not early enough. Plus those tend to be "No Refusal" weekends so time on paperwork is often doubled by the procurement and execution of a blood warrant, especially for the wrecks involving alcohol of which there always at least a few. That's just what I hear.

My general rule for NYE is, if I'm ringing in the new year there, I'm at least ringing in the sunrise too.

I have to get out and see the casa de green. The 10th works for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 am 
Unleashed

Ali G wrote:
I'd have to disagree. From what I hear, most law enforcement agencies that have any kind of population are balls to the wall busy with parties gone bad, accidents, and fireworks complaints starting at abou 11pm and going until about 6 or 7 am.

I don't doubt it's a high work load for you guys. But the mortality stats still don't reflect it being the most dangerous driving day. "Dangerous" is a subjective term though so I'm using mortality numbers as the qualifier.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/20/danger ... tner=yahoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:53 am 
that guy

Kevin wrote:
Ali G wrote:
I'd have to disagree. From what I hear, most law enforcement agencies that have any kind of population are balls to the wall busy with parties gone bad, accidents, and fireworks complaints starting at abou 11pm and going until about 6 or 7 am.

I don't doubt it's a high work load for you guys. But the mortality stats still don't reflect it being the most dangerous driving day. "Dangerous" is a subjective term though so I'm using mortality numbers as the qualifier.

You're so argumentative lately...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:56 am 
Unleashed

Bullshit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 am 
Lunarographer

Kevin wrote:
Ali G wrote:

Interesting stats. Thanks for pulling that up.

I see the big four; NY, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Labor Day is typically not as busy as the other three from what I've seen. Those three (NY, ID, and MD) are also typically "No Refusal" weekends. I think it be interesting to see those stats broken down by hours. The other holidays, impaired driving is kind of an all day activity. With NY's, I'm sure it all concentrated in those early morning hours since actual New Years day is typically dead. Thanksgiving and Christmas are always bad because you have vans and cars packed full of kids getting hit by or being driven by people who have no business on the road, either because of alcohol or because they're trying to fit to much trip into one leg without enough sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 am 
Lunarographer

And in case it was missed in the minutiae, the 10th works out well for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 am 
Unleashed

can't do the 10th, unless something happens between now and then that changes my kid visitation which could very well be the case thanks to all the shit that happens around that time, including but not limited to, her playing a fucking fairy in the nutcracker. (fitting name for that thing by the way.) Also no clue about the wife's possible work thing, so basically this post is useless. i'd like to make it, but can't help at all with the date picking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 am 
Fledgling Bling Whore
Fledgling Bling Whore

We will mostly likely be out of town or busy doing other things on the 3rd, our anniversery.

The 10th is a better date at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 am 
Unleashed

Ali G wrote:
I think it be interesting to see those stats broken down by hours..

Yep, the NYE has the highest alcohol related deaths so chances are it's going to be the worst one for driving home after a party.

This is dumb though and I'm just arguing because Kevin started it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
Unleashed

jjay wrote:
Ali G wrote:
I think it be interesting to see those stats broken down by hours..

Yep, the NYE has the highest alcohol related deaths so chances are it's going to be the worst one for driving home after a party.

This is dumb though and I'm just arguing because Kevin started it.

It beat Memorial Day, Independence Day & Labor Day by 1%. Hardly convincing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 pm 
Unleashed

i always refer to NYE as amateur night.

bunch of fucking non-drinkers trying to drink to be accepted by their lame ass peers because they got a baby sitter for little suzie...buncha fucking worthless cunts.

it's the same fuckers that turn their ties into headbands and do the worm at wedding receptions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm 
Dangle

Right, St Patties day, now thats when the pros come out to play.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:23 pm 
Unleashed

T.Blazer wrote:
Right, St Patties day, now thats when the pros come out to play.
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm 
Cock Gazer

Plan it any day...I'll shuffle my naked midget toss to make the party. Or I can combine the two.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 am 
Unleashed

Stumpjumper_Steve wrote:
Plan it any day...I'll shuffle my naked midget toss to make the party. Or I can combine the two.

HEY.... YEA??? wheres my paycheck for that shit fucker????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next