Dirt Dawgs

Doing it Dawgie Style
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 am 
Unleashed

I'm actually surprised Cedar Hill is in the mix. It's been almost impossible for me to work with the State Parks trying to put Spinistry stuff together. I quit trying after August so maybe things have changed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
I'm actually surprised Cedar Hill is in the mix. It's been almost impossible for me to work with the State Parks trying to put Spinistry stuff together. I quit trying after August so maybe things have changed.

Working with parks is definitely a process. A lot of promoters don't because there are other venues that don't have the same kind of requirements.

I guess it's not obvious, but venue choice is based on several different factors. One of them has to do with trying to spread the love around a little bit. It ain't all things to all racers, but it's what we got.

Venues can be subject to change, but the important part is that we've manage to build a schedule for the XC series races almost 18 months out. This is not something that the club has done before, and it's going to afford us the opportunity to try and add some things to the mix.

Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm 
Village Idiot

Kevin wrote:

When it comes to the State Parks or perhaps the ACOE, DORBA does enjoy a bit of leeway when it comes to a scheduling events. For the most part, and with a few exceptions, as long as we submit the required paperwork, they're happy to have us due, in part, to the fact that we build and maintain the trails on their property.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm 
Unleashed

I don't know what y'all are talking about, but we use to have races at CHSP every other year for a few years before the big flood trail wipe out and got it approved a few months ahead of time. Of course they got rained out a lot, but we still had some successful races out there.

We've had a few at JB, but doesn't seem like we can get that one anymore.

good work none the less.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 pm 
Unleashed

Cope wrote:
I don't know what y'all are talking about, but we use to have races at CHSP every other year for a few years before the big flood trail wipe out and got it approved a few months ahead of time. Of course they got rained out a lot, but we still had some successful races out there.

We've had a few at JB, but doesn't seem like we can get that one anymore.

good work none the less.

yeah, those peter hill assholes close the trail if there was rain within a 100 mile radius and I believe they also refused to take state park passes for "special events" meaning races.
Seems like a few rain outs and the park pass thing had DORBA shying away from that trail as a race venue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
Seems like a few rain outs and the park pass thing had DORBA shying away from that trail as a race venue.

Certain state parks were also holding race promoters (including dorba from my understanding) hostage for extremely high "fees" for a while. Technically there is no fee schedule to put on events so it's kind of up to the park superintendants' discretion.