All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Northshore Race
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 pm 
Village Idiot

Anyone doing this? I'll be hungover.

Post subject: Re: Northshore Race
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:51 pm 
Unleashed

in if no rain or 20 degree weather or both.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 pm 
Something

There's a race?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 am 
Unleashed

Johnny wrote:
Anyone doing this? I'll be hungover.

This... so not very likely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 am 
Unleashed

dirtdirt wrote:
in if no rain or 20 degree weather or both.

Me too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 pm 
Unleashed

Not sandbagging for 3 laps.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:06 am 
Unleashed

cold as balls at the start.

the 2 mile dirt road/pavement leadout was a pain on the ss. got passed by lots of douches on gears.

entered the singletrack with a solid line of non-riding gearies in front of me. about a mile in, one wearing a mellow johnny kit wrecked into me taking a different line in the rocky section just before the boy scout camp. he ate shit wrecking, body and bike tumbled into me causing me to stop. pretty much the rest of this lap, all i could do was follow the train of gears in front of me and they were painfully slow. many stops on the trail cause the congo line had halted. had to stop at the end of the first lap and shed some clothing cause i was melting. wasted about 10 minutes getting to the truck to get it done. first lap was about 1:20 for the 15 miles.

second lap was nice cause most of the traffic was gone and i could run with it. passed quiet of few riders. signs of cramping started showing up near the end of this lap. probably did the 13 miles in about 1:06.

third lap was really good. no traffic on the trail. passed a few riders. had to nurse the legs to keep them from cramping, but could still push the pedals really good. probably did this 13 mile lap in about 1:10.

finsihed the 41 miles in 3:46. might of been the only ss to do the 3 lapper. only 2 singles did the actual 2 lapper ss race. i could of 2nd placed that one at my 3 lap pace.

no wrecks or mechanicals.

did about what i expected considering my current level of fitness.

really nice day for a race.

Last edited by dirtdirt on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 am 
Village Idiot

Nice. Ava actually got 2 sorta good pictures of you yesterday while she was playing with the camera. I'll post on facebook!

Those who put on the race did a really good job. It looked like everyone was having a great time. Nice work Chlue & Co.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 pm 
Unleashed

Johnny wrote:
Those who put on the race did a really good job. It looked like everyone was having a great time. Nice work Bobby & Co.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm 
Yard Dog

dirtdirt wrote:

the 2 mile dirt road/pavement leadout was a pain on the ss. got passed by lots of douches on gears.

Awesome job dirtdirt - I agree about the start... kind of BS. Overall a fun race though. I guess I didn't get the memo to NOT register in SS class... I was 1st out of 2... LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 pm 
Unleashed

dirtdirt wrote:

entered the singletrack with a solid line of non-riding gearies in front of me. about a mile in, one wearing a mellow johnny kit wrecked into me taking a different line in the rocky section just before the boy scout camp. he ate shit wrecking, body and bike tumbled into me causing me to stop. pretty much the rest of this lap, all i could do was follow the train of gears in front of me and they were painfully slow. many stops on the trail cause the congo line had halted. had to stop at the end of the first lap and shed some clothing cause i was melting. wasted about 10 minutes getting to the truck to get it done. first lap was about 1:20 for the 15 miles.

second lap was nice cause most of the traffic was gone and i could run with it. passed quiet of few riders. signs of cramping started showing up near the end of this lap. probably did the 13 miles in about 1:06.

third lap was really good. no traffic on the trail. passed a few riders. had to nurse the legs to keep them from cramping, but could still push the pedals really good. probably did this 13 mile lap in about 1:10.

finsihed the 41 miles in 3:46. might of been the only ss to do the 3 lapper. only 2 singles did the actual 2 lapper ss race. i could of 2nd placed that one at my 3 lap pace.

no wrecks or mechanicals.

did about what i expected considering my current level of fitness.

I think you passed me on the 3rd lap. I remember you and I talking about cramps and you're the only ss rider I saw on the 3rd lap. I was wearing the hooters jersey. I was lucky enough to stay ahead of the cluster in the trail by using my doucher gears. :) Nice job.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 pm 
Yard Dog

dirtdirt wrote:

I was the other SS doing three laps. I swear I saw a kid on a tricycle zip past me on that start loop right along with the everyone else that was racing. Lots of logjams to fight through for the rest of the first lap. Had a physical mechanical in the middle of the second lap and had to back way down. Ended up just cruising through the third lap with PJ talking about all sorts of things. Had a great time.