All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 pm 
Unleashed

goongala wrote:
bgreen wrote:
Kevin wrote:
bgreen wrote:
Kevin wrote:
We'll have a slack line there for entertainment.

Hooked aren't ya?

Send me the link for yours please.

Gibbonsslacklines.com I think

REI sells them.

Good deal on the 25M at REI or they messed up and rang it up as the 15M.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:06 pm 
Unleashed

Announcing a new addition to the sponsor group!

Sun and Ski Sports has graciously offered a nice swag stash and mechanical support during the event. FYI, swag is awarded on a random basis. All entries are eligible to win the goodies not just the fast folks. Don't forget that Trail LED will be giving away a light setup that day/night as well.

As always, thank to each of our sponsors Mad Duck Cyclery, Trail LED and now Sun and Ski Sports.

Here's one for the fence straddlers out there...IF we get 10 entries between today and Saturday morning (8/7) we'll be giving away a brand new Salsa 29er frame. IF we get 20 entries between today and Saturday morning we'll be giving away a complete bike of some sort.. Also, I'll be placing the first shirt order Friday night so entries by then will have their shirts and Spinistry swag before the event

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 pm 

Registered.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 pm 
Unleashed

Came up just short of hitting the frame give away but how about this instead?*

Checked it out at Mad Duck today and it's a pretty snazzy stand.

*Must be present to win

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:22 pm 
Unleashed

Attachment:
flasks.JPG
flasks.JPG [ 117.84 KiB | Viewed 2276 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 am 
Unleashed

Damn it! A flask!? Ugh.... I gotta be in Houston now. Damn it! [-(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:29 pm 
Unleashed

Both daughters got braces today...HELP ME! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 pm 
Unleashed

How to get to the staging area if you don't already know:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 45447&z=15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 am 
Unleashed

You know you want to!

Solo Men and Men's Relay are filled in nicely. Still room for more but there's some good racing in there.

Co-ed relay is now a race. 3 teams is nice but we're shooting for 5

Solo female is a solid race field. Goal is for 1 more at least.

Female relay is pretty weak. Only 1 team entered so far. Come on in ladies, that water's fine!

SS is much less of a turnout than I was expecting but it is a tough one so I understand BUT it does have it's own trophy for the winner.

Online registration closes 10pm tomorrow night and there will NOT be any day of registration. Our ACOE permit doesn't allow for the exchange of monies on Corps land. We'll open the gates to parking at 9am and do plan to be there no later than 10 am to pick up number plates and pick out your setup spot. We'll have various foods around throughout the day but if you have special needs please be sure to cover that yourself. Right now dinner looks most likely to be grilled burgers and hot dogs and possibly some chicken. If you're veggie or vegan let me know what you need because I don't know how to cook that way.

We hope to have plenty of water on hand to fill bottles/camelbaks but it is being brought in because there isn't any running water so I encourage everyone to have their own back up supply on hand "just in case". Bring the bug spray of your choice as well as the sun block. Don't forget a chair and a change of clothes or two or three. Other suggestion are welcomed as well and I gotta admit...I'm getting pretty damned excited.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 pm 

Gonna be all lighted up at night? Camp ground rest rooms going to be open or do we bring a shovel?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:48 pm 
Unleashed

Nev wrote:
Gonna be all lighted up at night? Camp ground rest rooms going to be open or do we bring a shovel?

Campground restroom will be open. Have to get the wasps out of the men's side. We'll have generators and lights in the staging area and I have some solar powered lights to get people to the restroom. You'll probably want flashlights/lanterns to take inside with you though. I forgot to grab something along those lines and pretty much out of operating funds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm 
Unleashed

Kevin wrote:
You know you want to!

Solo Men and Men's Relay are filled in nicely. Still room for more but there's some good racing in there.

Co-ed relay is now a race. 3 teams is nice but we're shooting for 5

Solo female is a solid race field. Goal is for 1 more at least.

Female relay is pretty weak. Only 1 team entered so far. Come on in ladies, that water's fine!

SS is much less of a turnout than I was expecting but it is a tough one so I understand BUT it does have it's own trophy for the winner.

Online registration closes 10pm tomorrow night and there will NOT be any day of registration. Our ACOE permit doesn't allow for the exchange of monies on Corps land. We'll open the gates to parking at 9am and do plan to be there no later than 10 am to pick up number plates and pick out your setup spot. We'll have various foods around throughout the day but if you have special needs please be sure to cover that yourself. Right now dinner looks most likely to be grilled burgers and hot dogs and possibly some chicken. If you're veggie or vegan let me know what you need because I don't know how to cook that way.

We hope to have plenty of water on hand to fill bottles/camelbaks but it is being brought in because there isn't any running water so I encourage everyone to have their own back up supply on hand "just in case". Bring the bug spray of your choice as well as the sun block. Don't forget a chair and a change of clothes or two or three. Other suggestion are welcomed as well and I gotta admit...I'm getting pretty damned excited.

i like the last part m, about being excited. it makes life worth living. i am so ready to ride my my ever lovin arse off! will have the grill set up on the picnic table close to where i am parked, and all is welcome to use it.see ya there!. the heat is on|!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 pm 
Yard Dog

Will have the big ass grill, lights around the general area, port a cool, mister,generators, charging outlets just in case for some reason and a few chairs, and a few coolers.

Feel free to use whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm 
Unleashed

Zen bicycle wrote:
Will have the big ass grill, lights around the general area, port a cool, mister,generators, charging outlets just in case for some reason and a few chairs, and a few coolers.

Feel free to use whatever.

Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 am 
Thread Fluffer

Two turntables and a microphone...